Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Use of your pictures
(21-05-2011, 18:39)MrSmith767 Wrote: There is a piece of software called Tineye which can be used to search for duplicate photos across the internet they are always increasing their database of photos.
TinEye is good, but it's not reliable.

If TinEye finds your photo then you know that your photo has been copied.

If it doesn't find your photo then you can't be sure that it hasn't been copied.
Maybe it's just not in TinEye's database.

TinEye specifically state that they don't want to index adult sites.

TL;DR: if you put your photo on the internet, it's there forever and anyone can misuse it.
welcome strolls
I didn't know tineye had changed their t+c's they were originally planning to try and cover as many sites as they could irrespective of content

I just haven't been on their site since I first got the plug in

(21-05-2011, 21:45)MrSmith767 Wrote: I didn't know tineye had changed their t+c's they were originally planning to try and cover as many sites as they could irrespective of content

Not sure if I can post links here, but here goes: http://forums.tineye.com/discussion/61/d...ontents/p1

That says "not a priority" for them, rather than that they don't, but I use TinEye on a daily basis, and failure is inconclusive. If it finds your photo, then great! It's solved the problem! But if it doesn't, well... you can't be sure.

I was surprised myself when someone told me this, but it's easy to make a Google image search, click on the first page of results and find images that TinEye won't match.

Sorry if this is off-topic.
(21-05-2011, 21:42)lolo Wrote: welcome strolls
Thanks! So friendly here!
I have often been copied, both pictures and text. Now I write my name on my pictures (not that they haven't been misused anyway Big Grin ), it minimizes the abuse, except from those who just cut the name off in editing.

MrSmith, the website you are talking about - could it be www.copyscape.com? On this site you can type the exact page adress from your website and get it checked.

You can also take a part of your text and copy it into Google. But just as Tineye, both Google and Copyscape probably won't find all results or even the same results. It all depends on how well the searchengines find these sites.

/Gina.
-

One must not lose desires. They are mighty stimulants to creativeness, to love and to long life.

Alexander A. Bogomoletz

[Image: 468x60_ginafaith_gif1eng.gif]
I think that was the pne

I have even seen excerpts from a film I participated in years ago on You Tube and was shocked to see it, especially as it was a private one ! Unbelievable !
JM.
(22-05-2011, 18:03)Jeansman Wrote: I have even seen excerpts from a film I participated in years ago on You Tube and was shocked to see it, especially as it was a private one ! Unbelievable !
JM.

Right JM we all need the link so we can pervWink

JM, have you contacted the copyright holder of the film? Do they know it is on there?
If they don't know, and they object then they have the right to tell youtube to remove the film from the site.

Did you sign a model release allowing the film to be broadcast? If not you could request youtube remove you from their site as you haven't given your approval to be shown on the site.

No I haven't Mr Smith, as the guys stopped doing them years ago. I made about three with them, and still have the original videos, but one got out and that is where the excerpt came from. The lady is still working and I am quite embarrassed, but it was great fun doing it and both myself and the lady enjoyed it immensely!
I am sorry Emily, but I am too ashamed to leak that one out !! lol.
JM.
as
(22-05-2011, 18:09)MrSmith767 Wrote: JM, have you contacted the copyright holder of the film? Do they know it is on there?
If they don't know, and they object then they have the right to tell youtube to remove the film from the site.

Did you sign a model release allowing the film to be broadcast? If not you could request youtube remove you from their site as you haven't given your approval to be shown on the site.