Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Direct IM set up
I haven't been on the site for long and I am having an issue getting the Direct IM set up with JustCamIt. I have been to the Help section on the main site and it says:
Within JustCamIt, go to the Login Menu and login using using your own JustCamIt settings (these settings can be found via the JustCamIt Settings button that appears on the pop-up window)

The problem is that there is no pop up window appearing so no settings. Does anyone know how to reslove this?

Also wondering, if I am not offering Webcam do I need to set up video & audio or just chat?

ThanksSmile
Log in to AW > my details > edit profile > profile details > webcam tab > edit directcam settings > tick the 4th box down "I wish to provide typed text-chat only, (called DirectIM), with no video sent from my PC or shown to clients" > set your group and pvt prices, tick or untick free and sound options.

Now log in to justcamit as usual and your box will come up with "chat only" written accross it where your cam feed usually is.

You're ready to go x
(11-12-2012, 02:43)xKatieBabyx Wrote: Log in to AW > my details > edit profile > profile details > webcam tab > edit directcam settings > tick the 4th box down "I wish to provide typed text-chat only, (called DirectIM), with no video sent from my PC or shown to clients" > set your group and pvt prices, tick or untick free and sound options.

Now log in to justcamit as usual and your box will come up with "chat only" written accross it where your cam feed usually is.

You're ready to go x

Thanks so much. Unfortunalty I really just dont get it! At some point I will go Duh of course and that hasn't happend yet! So....the camera is on and I don't think it should be, is that right?
Do I need to log in? If so where do I get this info about the sever from?
I feel I am being a pest and a bit stupid! Angry

Have you downloaded the justcamit software? If yes, just open it up as usual. Your picture will show but there is no actual live feed shown to the customer. All he sees is what you type. It should say "chat only" across your picture? If not, then go back to your settings as I explained above and make sure you have ticked the "direct IM only" box. Just go to those exact places on adultwork i outlined and everything will be where i said it will be x
Flippen heck! I feel like I need my hand held with this - so sorry. I have down loaded Just Cam It and selected text chat only and set prices. What I can't get past is the Log in, it is asking for the server, ID, user name etc. What are these? No box is appearing with these details. Also it does not say chat only and there is no profile. Where am I going wrong? Thanks so much for your help! X

(18-12-2012, 04:17)xKatieBabyx Wrote: Have you downloaded the justcamit software? If yes, just open it up as usual. Your picture will show but there is no actual live feed shown to the customer. All he sees is what you type. It should say "chat only" across your picture? If not, then go back to your settings as I explained above and make sure you have ticked the "direct IM only" box. Just go to those exact places on adultwork i outlined and everything will be where i said it will be x

Go to webcam-edit Directcam settings-scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Justcamit settings.