Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are there rules for posting old pictures in profiles?
(30-04-2018, 13:23)BeautifulBADGirl Wrote: I get that, sorry for sounding thick but some real person has made the site and is selling the IDs and needs to be stopped from using this forum to advertise their dodgy wares, if possible that is. Can't the posts be deleted Admin?

There are 3 separate things here.

The site (as mentioned in the spam) needs to be shut down. That's not something Admin, or any of us mere mortals, can do much about.

That site has undoubtedly paid a fair bit of money to the "bot masters" to add their site to the botnet. Every infected machine will then try and find a site it can create an account on and spam it. I doubt they targetted this site because of the need for ID by some members.

Finally the only bit Admin can do anything about. There used to be a CAPTCHA (similar, in principle, to the one you use every time you log into AW itself). The problem was that people trying to create accounts were unable to do so as they couldn't answer fairly simple questions. The CAPTCHA was removed and so the bots have waded in. I'm sure Colin is working on this but recent events have likely been taking up a lot of his time.

For now just report them (if not already reported) and note that fact in a reply (to prevent him receiving multiple notifications of the same spam). Send him a private Message containing the user's (bot's) account link.

HTH
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Likes-Big-Girls for this post:
  • BeautifulBADGirl, ultwo

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are there rules for posting old pictures in profiles? - by Likes-Big-Girls - 30-04-2018, 13:39