Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Poll: What Months are the worst for Business on Adultwork?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
October
12.50%
1 12.50%
November
0%
0 0%
December
12.50%
1 12.50%
January
75.00%
6 75.00%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Really quite on Direct Cam
(21-10-2016, 01:53)Summers_0x Wrote:
That's exactly what I was thinking today, like why am I worrying so much I have a lot of lump sums of money coming through to get me by those 'bad days'

I guess sometimes, you just need that reassurrence from time to time. I always tell myself to stay positive and if it's quite like you do - Come off and have a break. Yesterday was my worst day ever - I made 50 Credits and I was just like, I need to ask if anyone else is dead like me right now hoping I'm not doing anything wrong or, driving my clients away ha ha!

Thank you so much for the reply, I really do appreciate your time and effort. If you ever need any advice or your quite too just message me. It's always nice to have someone to talk to who is in the same business as it can get lonely as it's not something you speak out about - Well if your being discreet of course.

Brook x

Thank you Brook. I proved my own point last night - it was looking like being a 3rd terrible night in a row and then one of my regulars came into private with me and stayed for over 2 hours :-) Made my twice my whole days target by 3am! Needless to say I am one happy bunny again!

Thank you for the offer to chat too, I agree it is nice to have someone else to talk to in this business. I keep very discreet and only my flatmate and brother know what I do. I hate the not being able to be honest part, especially when other friends and family ask about work!

My flatmate is good to chat with about things on here, but he is male, so sees things from an entirely different perspective. As for my brother, we went to "Go Ape" the other day and he told me I would need to wear boots - should have seen the look on his face when I asked him if thigh high, black pvc ones would be ok! He is fine with what I do, but understandably doesn't want to discuss the in's and out's of it all (no pun intended!)

Shelley x
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to sultryshelley for this post:
  • Summers_0x
its completely unpredictable, for me its all about trying to make regulars, giving them a reason to return...updating your profile and your pics can help bring in new interest also...i would defo agree though that the more hours a day you put in the more money you will get out of it..i can be sat there for 2 hours and have made zero then suddenly the next 3 hours are busy Smile xxx
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Tara25 for this post:
  • Summers_0x
I have to admit Laura, that in the last 2 years I haven't updated my profile, yet still never have a problem bringing in the clients. I think actually being online and sitting there until the hours are up, is what ensures the income mostly x
Generally the more hours the more money you will make.With this type of work best to look at weekly earnings rather than daily .......x
(21-10-2016, 14:29)sultryshelley Wrote:
That's exactly what I was thinking today, like why am I worrying so much I have a lot of lump sums of money coming through to get me by those 'bad days'

I guess sometimes, you just need that reassurrence from time to time. I always tell myself to stay positive and if it's quite like you do - Come off and have a break. Yesterday was my worst day ever - I made 50 Credits and I was just like, I need to ask if anyone else is dead like me right now hoping I'm not doing anything wrong or, driving my clients away ha ha!

Thank you so much for the reply, I really do appreciate your time and effort. If you ever need any advice or your quite too just message me. It's always nice to have someone to talk to who is in the same business as it can get lonely as it's not something you speak out about - Well if your being discreet of course.

Brook x

Thank you Brook. I proved my own point last night - it was looking like being a 3rd terrible night in a row and then one of my regulars came into private with me and stayed for over 2 hours :-) Made my twice my whole days target by 3am! Needless to say I am one happy bunny again!

Thank you for the offer to chat too, I agree it is nice to have someone else to talk to in this business. I keep very discreet and only my flatmate and brother know what I do. I hate the not being able to be honest part, especially when other friends and family ask about work!

My flatmate is good to chat with about things on here, but he is male, so sees things from an entirely different perspective. As for my brother, we went to "Go Ape" the other day and he told me I would need to wear boots - should have seen the look on his face when I asked him if thigh high, black pvc ones would be ok! He is fine with what I do, but understandably doesn't want to discuss the in's and out's of it all (no pun intended!)

Shelley x
I'm so happy it picked up for you Shelley as it did for me Thursday, I have a day off on Friday and Saturday has been hectically busy which has certainly made up and more for those quite days. I guess it's all about having a positive attitude and all works out.

I think that's amazing that your Brother and Flat mate know, at least you can always off load to them but it does get awkward when people say "You look like you do well for yourself, what is it you do?" And you like... "Ummm Bye!" Ha ha ha!

Good luck with Cam and I hope all the best from you if I don't hear from you chick
Brook xxx
(21-10-2016, 14:35)laura20 Wrote: its completely unpredictable, for me its all about trying to make regulars, giving them a reason to return...updating your profile and your pics can help bring in new interest also...i would defo agree though that the more hours a day you put in the more money you will get out of it..i can be sat there for 2 hours and have made zero then suddenly the next 3 hours are busy Smile xxx
I totally agree, the regular clients are a God send. They always seem to spend over an hour each time too which is always so flattering. I couldn't sit on it all day long and night I have a little time table on my Wall of my Schedule I also give myself 2 days off a week as I think your well being is just as important as work too.

Brook x
(21-10-2016, 13:42)aoneoffx Wrote:
(21-10-2016, 13:24)English-Caroline Wrote:
(20-10-2016, 23:48)sultryshelley Wrote: I have found the last few days pretty quiet too. The 18th was the worst for me. Sat online for 3 hours and made less than 17 credits - and I paid for positioning for those 3 hours too. I gave up and went to bed after that.

For every bad day there will be heaps of other good days. It only takes a couple of bad days in a row for me to start panicking, but then I generally find if I have a couple of bad days I then get a really good day to make up for it all (and make me wonder why I was worrying in the first place!)

When I was very new and having bad days I used to drop my rates to a stupidly low rate and even then it didn't attract people to my room (and it just made me fed up tbh). So now if I am having a bad day I log off and either go to my allotment if it is still daylight or put my feet up and have a rest if it is evening time :-)

Brook x

I've not been on much this week as it's been my busy week in the mainstream job, however I've noticed a significant number of clients drop out within 30 seconds due to them having very low bandwidth!! Regulars who mainly stay for a while!  Could it just be another Justcamit blip?

I'm camming all weekend so hope it's resolved.

We've found this week a bit quiet ourselves but then it can pick up quickly had 2 bookings I could do yesterday in times I wouldn't normally cam and gave us the chance to have a night off so to speak. 

You say you only made 50 credits but then that all depends how long you canned for to make that. 

At least you didn't make 0. 

All business's have slow periods same as with this so when it's good you just make the most of it l
It's strange because I went online Thursday and I'm currently online (Saturday) and it's literally been so busy, like everyone has been saying it's so unpredictable but, at least you can make up for the bad days on the really good days :-)

Brook x
(21-10-2016, 14:05)tabooenglish Wrote: I always try to put in 8 solid hours a day. This USUALLY brings in 200 credits at the least, but quite often a lot more. If you put in the hours, you WILL make the money.

Wish I had the time to do that many hours lol.
But great advice though!
I am very sporadic with my hours... as and when I can. I make enough to make it worth doing but it is very hit and miss. You really need consistency in your hours to get in those regulars.

Lucy xxx
That is interesting Brooke, what type of timetable do you have? did you do a diy one or do it from a calendar?
(26-10-2016, 20:08)CeceUK Wrote: That is interesting Brooke, what type of timetable do you have? did you do a diy one or do it from a calendar?
I just made one myself using Microsoft Excel and printed it out and have it on my wall in my Office and also on my notice board in my Kitchen.

It's a Monday - Sunday timetable with times I wake up, times I will start work, relax and also finish work and then have the days when I'm off and also my Holiday periods where I'll allocate a week off or so if I'm away on Holiday and so on.

I just felt it gave me more stability in my work as being self employed you can sometimes get a little lazy and lose your daily routine when your first starting out and to me routine is key to success.

As we are self employed we also don't have someone telling us what to do you know? So, I found this has helped me so much.

You should really try it if you don't already plan out your week.

Brook x