Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Poll: What Months are the worst for Business on Adultwork?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
October
12.50%
1 12.50%
November
0%
0 0%
December
12.50%
1 12.50%
January
75.00%
6 75.00%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Really quite on Direct Cam
I mirror what Ana says to a large degree about the novelty perhaps wearing off. When you first start out it's always crazy busy, men love fresh meat. I have been here years now and I can say it's always a mix of busy and quiet. That's the only real downside with this job, there is no "even keel" or "average" day. Some times I have logged in at 3pm because I am running late, worked for a few hours and cleared maybe 500 credits. Other days you can be logged in 10am-10pm and perhaps only clear 100. I always look at whole weeks rather than days as they seem to balance out, with the last week of the month always having a peak over pay day.

I have never found this time of year quiet, historically speaking. In fact October-January is my best time. July-September over the 6 weeks holidays is always grim and next year I shall be taking it off lol.

Over all I would say as long as you have money in the bank to cover quieter periods, you will just fine. Try to look at figures in terms of weeks not days and you will be happier over all. AW always balances out eventually.

Best of luck, missy x
It's half term. That's why it's quiet. I was a pole dancer in stringfellows for many years and during half term we would all be sat filing our nails. Nature of the business xx
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Cwestlondon for this post:
  • Summers_0x
(26-10-2016, 21:09)xXxMEFxXx Wrote: I mirror what Ana says to a large degree about the novelty perhaps wearing off. When you first start out it's always crazy busy, men love fresh meat. I have been here years now and I can say it's always a mix of busy and quiet. That's the only real downside with this job, there is no "even keel" or "average" day. Some times I have logged in at 3pm because I am running late, worked for a few hours and cleared maybe 500 credits. Other days you can be logged in 10am-10pm and perhaps only clear 100. I always look at whole weeks rather than days as they seem to balance out, with the last week of the month always having a peak over pay day.

I have never found this time of year quiet, historically speaking. In fact October-January is my best time. July-September over the 6 weeks holidays is always grim and next year I shall be taking it off lol.

Over all I would say as long as you have money in the bank to cover quieter periods, you will just fine. Try to look at figures in terms of weeks not days and you will be happier over all. AW always balances out eventually.

Best of luck, missy x
Thank you for your time to respond, I've found building my 'client base' has helped me a lot. I agree and disagree about the novelty as men do like as you say 'fresh meat' however, if you give men a reason to come back and they spend up with you each time then I think your winning as I've found 1 busy day makes up for 1-2 quite days.

I'm definitely looking at my profits from a weekly basis however I do always like to set a daily target everyday of what I'd like to earn as it motivates me even more and I just feel like it works better for me personally doing that.

I think, everyone has there own unique way of how they provide their services but I do think as it's term time - People will be at home with the children and wife's and not have as much free time to get online and also, some people get paid monthly I think all of those things contribute a lot not to mention saving for Christmas and New Year.

As it is an unpredictable business it'd be silly not to save away to like you said, cover quite periods.

Thank you so much for your advice, take care

Brook x
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Summers_0x for this post:
  • Gone
Hi all.. loads of great points there that are relateable! Big Grin

To stick my two penneth in so to speak...I recommend coming at it from a business mindset and find a lot of network marketing professionals and that industry recommended books and how to manage time/break up the day and have a positive mindset really apply to a lot of what we do with webcam and phone and in general our adult businesses.

Looking at what your brand is, how you market etc and what your customers think of you/associate with you is often really valuable for customer retention aswell as when you become your own acountability partner and set targets and goals ( not just for hours put in online, but planning what videos you may make and when and time to upload them for example) means you have something to review how you are doing and look at ways to improve with say for example attraction marketing.

There was a post on another thread about what do you hate/love webcamming and I think that we often do not give ourselves enough credit because there isn't a bunch of people in the office to compare our efforts to. You may well be ploughing masses of energy into what you think is working but not realise that if you divided your energy into other areas or come at it from a different perspective, then you may see a difference.

Ultimately massive action creates massive results and sometimes it is a case of testing what works for you and what doesn't. Also, you may not have found a niche that comes naturally to you and when you do recognise that sometimes it is like a slap in the face because it was so obvious looking back. If we had workshops for webcammers then I think we would all appreciate more that we wear multiple hats when it comes to the job role in itself; ceo, admin, accountant, pr, pa, branding, marketing etc

I have never found a routine in the busy or slow periods or within my customer base and I cover many fetishes -yet it is always unpredictable. Usually keeping focussed on what you are doing and forgetting if others are busy or not reaps rewards x One thing I always keep in mind is that 'It only takes one' in that one person can make my rent or my months bills in one day and I don't think there is much comparable in any industry that provides that sort of opportunity - I love this job lol!

Big Grin x
Just another thing... I meant to add that WHY you are doing it is always a great thing to stay focussed. Everyone has their own reasons but for times of trouble like with the US treasury issues and for times where you ponder life choices etc, knowing exactly why you are doing this as an end goal - for example financial freedom or the opportunity to travel and work from anywhere in the world provided there is a wifi connection does keep you in perspective and feeling in control of everything. xx
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to moongoddess for this post:
  • English-Caroline
(26-10-2016, 20:38)Summers_0x Wrote:
(26-10-2016, 20:08)CeceUK Wrote: That is interesting Brooke, what type of timetable do you have? did you do a diy one or do it from a calendar?
I just made one myself using Microsoft Excel and printed it out and have it on my wall in my Office and also on my notice board in my Kitchen.

It's a Monday - Sunday timetable with times I wake up, times I will start work, relax and also finish work and then have the days when I'm off and also my Holiday periods where I'll allocate a week off or so if I'm away on Holiday and so on.

I just felt it gave me more stability in my work as being self employed you can sometimes get a little lazy and lose your daily routine when your first starting out and to me routine is key to success.

As we are self employed we also don't have someone telling us what to do you know? So, I found this has helped me so much.

You should really try it if you don't already plan out your week.

Brook x

Thank you for your reply Brook.

I had a printed out schedule with the times that I would do, I am going to make another one again and try to stick to it! I was sticking to my previous one till I started a new job as cam was quiet for me in September time and was unsure if I would have enough money to pay rent and bills.

At the moment what works best for me is that I try to earn as much as possible in a day, I try to reach my target but if I don't its not the end of the world beating yourself up for. And I look at my weekly targets before transferring on a Tuesday is which is the evening I do my transfer to my payoneer account.

I also prefer now to do weekly transfers to my payoneer account instead of the bank option for moment as it stops me spending my money too quickly. And when I withdraw the cash I get a nice lump sum to play with lol what I mean is I can bank it all or leave some in my purse for petrol and groceries. That way I appreciate my money better by getting a large wedge rather than getting paid every week, I am more likely to spend it quickly lol.

I find it so hard to sleep sometimes so my sleep pattern is everywhere at the moment, having to sort that out very quick!
(27-10-2016, 12:41)moongoddess Wrote: Just another thing... I meant to add that WHY you are doing it is always a great thing to stay focussed.  Everyone has their own reasons but for times of trouble like with the US treasury issues and for times where you ponder life choices etc, knowing exactly why you are doing this as an end goal - for example financial freedom or the opportunity to travel and work from anywhere in the world provided there is a wifi connection does keep you in perspective and feeling in control of everything. xx

I love your positive energy moongoddess we truly need more positivity on this forum!!

This work lets us make easy money online with a webcam and we have to be grateful that AW has provided us a platform for clients to find us in their location e.g London, Birmingham, their fetish or what they are looking for etc the website is great it is jam packed with all sorts of services to offer and to provide to men. There is no other site better than AW!!

I tried working in a shop part-time and the hours were too long standing on my feet all day just slaving away to make a couple of sales in a cold freezing shop LOL. I am too lazy to find something else as I know I can always make money on AW!! x
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Cece for this post:
  • moongoddess
Moongoddess is on point with her advice, I must say.

AW changed for me A LOT, when I completely changed the way I worked. Rather than leaving my profile as it was and just logging in and "Putting the hours in" I now plan and work in between calls and cam. I either write, take pictures, record, post blogs, or plan for the week ahead as in what I will release and when. Even on quiet days I have been productive because I have used my working day to make content for the coming weeks, and you would be surprised what lures men in. A piece of erotica you wrote two weeks ago may catch the eye of someone tomorrow who then books an hour long session based on the scenario? That type of thing.

It's totally changed my relationship with my work and my positivity and enjoyment of it, too. Profile hits have quadrupled, and of course the income increase that comes with that too.

I actually owe English_Caroline all the credit as she really helped me and took time to show me how to make AW work for me now my situation has changed (having a baby) I no longer find myself purely doing cam sessions round the clock, my day is broken up with lots of different activities that are much lower impact physically and much less draining, yet it is bringing in more money. It's about working smarter, rather than harder I think?
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Gone for this post:
  • moongoddess
Helena, I'm so pleased everything is going better for you. I've had a wee perv at your profile and it's looking great.....and all that amazing feedback in the last fortnight. Well Done!!!

You are doing what everyone should do. You are working with your strengths. Writing, producing content and engaging in IM that has the client eating out of your hands and desiring more............ And the next step "That" untapped marketplace we discussed.xxx
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to English-Caroline for this post:
  • Gone
Sounds interesting. Maybe I could do with a bit of help from Caroline herself hehe.

Yes totally agree with working smarter Smile