Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

CHARGES
In the private section there is discussion of various sites. You will find a lot of info over on stripperweb too.
ill take a look ty x
(04-10-2015, 15:10)xKatieBabyx Wrote: In the private section there is discussion of various sites. You will find a lot of info over on stripperweb too.

Is it manageable to work more than 1 site ?
Logging in and out of Just Cam It to Skype is such a faff- and so often I have forgotten to log back in to JCI

It s something I never considered until I saw your post.Thanks for that !
Some people use more than one laptop/pc , they might use 2 separate laptops for different sites to make it an easy way of doing it.
(04-10-2015, 15:51)missfilthyposh Wrote: Some people use more than one laptop/pc , they might use 2 separate laptops for different sites to make it an easy way of doing it.

Ah,I see, now that makes sense !
Get my knickers in a right twist otherwise !
Good idea.
For some reason I can't access the private section on here ....

Www.adultwork.com/country2D%Gal
wow tonight is dead as a doorpost jeeeez
(04-10-2015, 05:17)xKatieBabyx Wrote: What the hell rachel? I don't know about you but I certainly pay tax. I am a sole trader and every year i do my self assessment, put in my earnings and my outgoings, and pay my tax due. Unless you earn 82k you don't need to register for VAT.

I'm not sure what the standing on all this is regarding claiming back the VAT but if it turns out that only those registered for VAT can do so then that would be extremely unfair. Why force small time businesses who do not earn anywhere near enough to register for VAT, into expensive and complicated quarterly hoop jumping?

I have just been doing a little reading on it and it seems this has put many small time companies out of business. I am honestly not surprised. It's draconian. And AW's handling of it all has been atrocious - they would have known about this for months and have obviously been fighting it. But they chose to spring the news on us and implement the changes in less than 24 hours.

Yes this is how it is and yes we have to get on with it. But it is not unreasonable to be shocked, dismayed, panicked, or suspicious. These are all perfectly natural and understandable reactions to sudden change which causes very real life implications.

As it happens I have not faired badly in my first shift back tonight, in fact I earned my goal in a very short time period having left my rates as they were previously. i actually dropped group a little as I could afford to do so, and found I still got majority privates as usual. i believe the extra 20% guys were seeing when they went to click into paid chat with us (which they weren't actually charged) yesterday may have worked in our favour as now the glitch has been fixed we look a little less pricey lol. So definitely don't drop your rates ladies, we will weather the storm and AW will bounce back... provided they can get on top of the endless glitches!

Hey Katie,
I too am Shocked, dismayed, panicked and annoyed to say the least, hence my first ever submission on this forum. I am not insinuating all the ladies avoid the tax and know that this is a business and lots of ladies approach it accordingly and in a professional manner, please don't take offence.
In order to cash our credits, (I only offer chat), we have to fill out the new form, AW are requesting verification I.D and a VAT number. Without it , we cannot cash in the credits, so, my understanding is, we are being backed into a corner to do so, once registered, we are then liable to pay VAT, charges I assume will be in accordance to our earnings, what we spend on "our business", we can offset against the VAT. Cam girls will obviously be able to claim back for outfits, equipment the admin fee and anything that is relevant to their operation, providing they have kept receipts. This is only my understanding of the situation and I may be wrong, hence seeking out this forum in the hope that I can seek some shedding of light on the situation.
AW know that this is probably the main source of income for most of its users and therefore we will have to comply in order to continue trading, hence my rash statement of us having to cough up and cracking on.
As I look at it, a percentage of something is better than that of nothing, so, as annoyed as I am with the situation, I either leave AW or adhere to the rules.
Apologies for ruffling feathers.
(02-10-2015, 13:09)xKatieBabyx Wrote: No it's very dodgy - they haven't provided a VAT number so they could be committing fraud. They are also allowing the guys to see a 40% higher price than what we have set when they click group or private. They are charging cat on items which should not attract vat (galleries, Skype shows etc).

Your right,
We need them to give us a VAT number in order for us to offset, think this is something we all need to request and stand firm on.
this is all a big mess Sad

is it even worth me setting up for tonight?

gotten no calls either, and nobody buying into my private gallery... usually get at least a couple a week..