HTML Image as link

Qries

has the forum changed u
I'm sure you like to gossip too lolo

who doesnt
it's not gossip, it's discussions *nods lots*

and you get to find out all sorts of things by listening / readn it hehehe

ps, i'm not here i'm 'working' lol shhhhh
forums generally have taught me that what you write is open to interpretation and can easily be misconstrude, either because it's not written in enough detail or because of the general mood of the person reading it. Ie if they are feeling dispondent or lacking confidence, they may think it is about them when it is mean meant generally or taken seriously taken seriously when it is meant light hearted or visa versa. I'm guilty of getting it wrong too.

I suppose I do try to take a step back before typing (some times) which I never did before using forums.
(22-05-2011, 01:24)CurvaceousKate Wrote: forums generally have taught me that what you write is open to interpretation and can easily be misconstrude, either because it's not written in enough detail or because of the general mood of the person reading it. Ie if they are feeling dispondent or lacking confidence, they may think it is about them when it is mean meant generally or taken seriously taken seriously when it is meant light hearted or visa versa. I'm guilty of getting it wrong too.

I suppose I do try to take a step back before typing (some times) which I never did before using forums.

I think you are right with the interpretation thing. sometimes the lightest meaning comment can cause offense to someone else.

Even with added emoticons, it is really hard to actually know what someone means with written text, unlike the tones of a voice etc. I think that is most definately one of the major downsides with forums . text messages etc etc

Yea, kate and katie.

Ive been on and off of forums for like 10 years now so its why no one ever sees me taking offense or bitching at anyone because of the reasons youve stated. Unless theres a blatant offensive slap in my face then sparks will fly just as anyone else does.

Even when i get PM's, i find it all so very predictable... "would you mind refraining from that sort of language please" (or whatever), im thinking to myself; zzzz yawn another narrow minded ever so easily offended type of person, i reply with something like; yes no problem. (just to keep the peace as some types do tend to get quite emotional over nothing, often the ones who need their hand holding).

Many people still havnt learnt that they need to take every message with a pinch of salt, as theres no proper way of knowing whether the person is being sarcastic or humorous etc. Instead they just read-perceive what they want and react on it.

In a perfect world we would all type the same so we could all read to understand messages like we do in actual spoken conversation from the tone of our voices/expressions. But then we would all be boring people if we all typed the same.
I am a member of a few adult webmaster forums and love "shooting the shit" about biz, never really found a home to connect with other adult workers but this place seem really relaxed and friendly.
i love finding like-minded people. sometimes it fels like this is a really lonely job as in who you can talk to about it....

the biggest change is that i have never used a forum so frequently in my life!! I love it here!!!
excellent news the 2 of u
I have to admit I do love the characters that are on here and you newbies really do seem to be adding to the flavour of the forum, so you really are welcome and we love your input. It's nice to pick and choose what you want to read and I always find something that I am either interested in or relate with.