Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Totally industry unrelated
At the minute I am living and working from a privately rented house which I love and in a million years do not want to move from.

My problem is I no there is damp on the outside front bedroom wall and I have fitted wardrobes that connect to it so when I open my wardrobe doors I can smell the damp have any of you any ideas of how to contradict the damp or what I can use to stop it. I dont want my clothes going mouldy or smelling but its not covered in my tenency any ideas would be great thanks
anyway u can take the wardrobe back from it
is there cracks on the outside wall
there is a machine u can rent that pulls out the water
then scrub it with bleach
You can get mould and mildew proof come waterproofing paints. Not sure how you prep the surface, but you can buy the paints over the internet I believe.
Ann x
The apartment that I stayed in while in Norwich had damp crawling up the walls, it was horrible. They had a thing that looked like an air freshener which was an anti damp thing. I suppose it was meant to absorb some of the moisture. Perhaps you could put one inside your wardrobe?
Thanks for your advice guys
have u had someone out to check it
Not yet lolo but its quite an old mill house overlooking the valley so its probably had a fair bit of weather beating over the years think I am going to put this little job in hubbies hands
is it sandstone are there any factories close to u that u know get deliveries from abroad, as everything transported will have big silicon bags in them

i had to do that when i first got my incall place, as she left the bare stone in the inside & never bothered to seal it
The problem is you cant tell from the outside if there are any cracks as the whole house has been rendered which makes me think there probably is and the wardrobes are built in so I cant see whats behind them.

One possible solution I have come up with is to evict hubbys clothes from his wardrobe I mean men dont really need wardrobe space do theyBig Grin
emily if u can get those big bags of silicon from anywhere that will help no end