Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

logitech pro c920
do any of you girlies use this cam ?

just wondered if it had a self timer in it for taking pix
Hi,

I use the c920, the logitech software does have a timer for photo's but I think it's only about 3 seconds. I'm sure there will be other programs available for setting timers but to be honest I haven't looked into it.

Word of warning though, the c920 is not really mac compatible as logitech haven't issued any mac drivers. It's difficult to set up correctly on a mac without buying extra apps, but it can be done.
I use this webcam and it has a 3 second countdown before it takes a pic or records a clip.

I don't use it for taking pics, I take snapshots from my movies and use them as pics, that way I can be hands free.

Adultwork's Classy_Katy

On twitter @ClassyKatyxxx
thank you both
I've just been having a quick look at this camera. What's a good price to pay for it? I just looked on Amazon and didn't realise it was that much but as I've never looked at Logitech cams before I'm not sure if that's the normal price.

Thanks in advance
I got from Curry's for around £57.

I find it needs a lot of bandwidth for justcamit and have my setting on 1mbps or it lags...maybe that's just me though!
Adultwork's Classy_Katy

(10-03-2013, 12:16)Classy_Katy Wrote: I got from Curry's for around £57.

I find it needs a lot of bandwidth for justcamit and have my setting on 1mbps or it lags...maybe that's just me though!

Thanks for the infor Katy. I've just had a look at the setting on justcamit and I can't see 1mbps on the max bandwith, it's all kbps between 100 and 600. Or am I being a bit dumb lol? What should the bandwith setting be on, what's best?
When you're settings are for DirectIM, the max shows as 600kbps...but when set up for DirectCam, it shows the max as 1000kbps (which is 1mbps). I didn't realise it shows a different max setting for each, I'm in DirectIM at the moment so just noticed it.

Do you know your upload speed? It will show it when you log in for DirectCam or you can check on http://www.speedtest.net/ lots of girls in the UK are without fibre optic broadband so may not be able to go to the max bandwidth.
Adultwork's Classy_Katy

Thanks for that Katy.

Just logged onto directcam and it won't let me change the settings when logged in. I logged out and I can change the settings then but the max is 600 kbps. My upload bandwith shows as 1116 kbps and my video bandwith as 200 kbps. It also says that the encoder bandwith limit is 200 kbps.

Basically it doens't mean much to me.
Sorry, I mean when your settings are you cam, it should give you a max of 1000kbps...but maybe it only does that for mine because I have a higher upload speed. I haven't tried my c920 at 600kbps, so I can't say whether it will lag at that speed. I might be camming again Monday though. It's best to up the bandwidth to match your upload speed so I would raise it to 600kps anyway.
Adultwork's Classy_Katy