Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

What are you listening to right now?
I studied Latin for 4 years. Do I remember anything? Not really.

Right now, listening to The Byrds, Tamburine Man.
Concerto for a Rainy day by Electric Light Orchestra. Great series of tracks from the Out of the Blue album. Showing my age a bit there Smile

You are a one naughty Girl Trinity, I nearly weed my knicks reading your posting loll

Although it as to be said, its wonderful to learn you are a practicing Christian Salut'a
If I am on the right lines, please do forgive me if I am not.
It’s quite understandable why you felt the need to change from RC to another.
I am quite orthodox in many ways; however, I know when I say this I am out of step with the doctrine of the RC principles. I do believe in the concept of all inclusively, as you know the term "Catholic" means “Family” yet they seek to exclude that’s so wrong!.

Oh yeah, its good to know you haven't given up on all your old habits. Well we are human after all .
BSx
(15-03-2013, 23:00)blue-satin Wrote: Ave Maria Gratis plena
Maria Graitis plena
" " "

Ave Ave dominas
Dominus tecum
Benedita tu in mulieribus
Et benedictus
Et benedictus fructus ven tris

My Latin isn't what it used to be but something on the lines of lol

BS xx

I find the fact that you know latin very impressive, and not much impresses me these days!! havent got a clue what it says though!

(16-03-2013, 14:05)Trinity-Belle Wrote: [quote='blue-satin' pid='49587' dateline='1363432198']

Blimey! I left the Catholic Church (for all practical purposes) at the age of 15... about the same time as I started smoking cigarettes, drinking alcohol, listening to heavy metal music, taking drugs and getting fucked by dirty old men, coincidentally!

But I came back to Christ (in the protestant format) about 10 years ago... which was about the time I gave up the drink and the drugs. Still do all the other things though! lol

Big Grin

I class myself as agnostic... read that as to scared to say its a load of bollocks incase i have to meet my maker one day!! I suspect ill be going to hell anyway

ps ~ I do however respect other peoples beliefs
(16-03-2013, 15:39)britishmilf Wrote:
Maria Graitis plena
" " "

Ave Ave dominas
Dominus tecum
Et benedictus

BS xx

I find the fact that you know latin very impressive, and not much impresses me these days!! havent got a clue what it says though!

It's the Hail Mary... but probably sung rather than said which is why the first line is repeated?

(although the last two words should be one word "ventris" - innards or intestines or in this case "womb")
Transsexual working girl in Surrey
See me on AdultWork

Call 07856 061172
Follow @Trinity_Belle on Twitter
(16-03-2013, 18:16)Trinity-Belle Wrote:
(16-03-2013, 15:39)britishmilf Wrote:
Maria Graitis plena
" " "

Ave Ave dominas
Dominus tecum
Et benedictus

BS xx

It's the Hail Mary... but probably sung rather than said which is why the first line is repeated?

(although the last two words should be one word "ventris" - innards or intestines or in this case "womb")

You know, many times when watching films etc ive wondered what the Hail Mary was!
Hail Mary, full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art though amongst women,
And blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, mother of God,
Pray for us sinners,
Now, and at the hour of our death,
Amen.

Only a Catholic would know that... no other denomination venerates Mary and the Saints.

It's been more than 20 years and I still remember it! That and the Act of Contrition....

We had Mass every Wednesday morning at my school... I went to one of those schools which had it's own church... you know the sort.

Mass was often said in Latin and we all had to study Latin like good little Catholic children Smile
See me on AdultWork

Call 07856 061172
(16-03-2013, 15:36)blue-satin Wrote: You are a one naughty Girl Trinity,

One does one's best! lol

(16-03-2013, 15:36)blue-satin Wrote: Although it as to be said, its wonderful to learn you are a practicing Christian Salut'a
If I am on the right lines, please do forgive me if I am not.
It’s quite understandable why you felt the need to change from RC to another.
I am quite orthodox in many ways; however, I know when I say this I am out of step with the doctrine of the RC principles. I do believe in the concept of all inclusively, as you know the term "Catholic" means “Family” yet they seek to exclude that’s so wrong!.

Yea, I think I came to realise that it wasn't faith in God I had a problem with, nor even in Christ, it was what I saw around me at school. Hypocrisy. And rightly or wrongly (probably wrongly) I associated that with the Church, and specifically the Roman Catholic Church.

These days I think of myself as non-denominational. I'm happy to worship in any Church, no matter what flavour. I believe in being part of your local community and a part of your local Parish. These days I attend a CofE Church, where I lived prior to that was a Catholic Church, and before that it was a Baptist Church.

I think there is more that unites Christians than divides them, and arguing about the technicalities of dogma and doctrine just makes me think of the division between the Sadducees and the Pharisees, and the hypocrisy of both. It was something which Jesus railed against. He was less bothered about prostitutes and tax collectors (who were considered evil at the time) and concerned himself far more with hypocrites, bigots and the general unfairness in society. And those are the things which bother me too.

I feel in my bones that most people who were raised Christian but don't believe any more have been hoodwinked by those who would use religion as a tool to control the masses by instilling guilt and fear. If you read Jesus' words, as reported in the Gospels, then it turns out He is a very different person to the one we were all taught about at school... or in Church, for that matter!

People use science as a stick to poke religeon with, but for me there is no conflict between the two. If anything my (limited) understanding of science just makes me wonder all the more at the wonder of creation and how marvellously improbable it all is!

(16-03-2013, 15:36)blue-satin Wrote: Oh yeah, its good to know you haven't given up on all your old habits. Well we are human after all .
BSx

Totally!

God doesn't expect us to be perfect, and He would rather we just accepted our human failings and allowed them to be a part of our lives than tried to repress them and lived as hypocrites, saying one thing but thinking quite another!

No one is perfect... not Mother Teresa, not the Pope and certainly not you or I!

So why go around pretending that our shit don't stink? lol

.... that's my view at least.... for what it's worth.
See me on AdultWork

Call 07856 061172