Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Cam advice
Hi everyone,
I'm completely new here, I haven't joined AW yet, I'm checking everything out to try and find my first footing so to speak.
I've worked for chatlines for years on and off, but have recently been laid off my 'real job' and I am desperate to make some money, not mega-bucks type, just a living, even a basic one, which is incredibly difficult on chatlines these days. I was looking at the sms and phone services on AW and will be signing up for those when I have the lay of the land, but having read quite a bit in the forums, I'm considering cams now too.
The thing is, I'm not exactly young, nor do I have a good body, or am I good looking (omg how attractive do I sound now?!). I guess I was just wondering, much as I'm terrified, have no idea (yet) how to do a cam-show and given what I have said about my looks, is it worth me having a go?
I am a "nothing ventured nothing gained" and "only regret what you don't do" person, so I think I've pretty much already talked myself into giving it a go but would value some opinions from those already doing this work. Also, if anyone could give me an idea on how I can get an inkling of what doing a show can involve (obviously not asking for details off anyone) I'd be really grateful, I have tried some researching but results in searches tend to bring up cam sites and I need to earn not spend!
Thanks for taking the time to read this and even greater thanks in advance for any help/comments.
Gem x
Hiya! :-D
The SMS thing no longer works, sadly.
Cam is busier than phone typically, but there are plenty women who only do phone and DirectIM (instant messenger style chat).
As for doubting yourself re your appearance, go onto Adultwork right now, go to cams, and look at the profile pics of the women who are on! Are they all stereotypically gorgeous and thin with big tits? Hell no. ;-)
Agree with Scotty,i would not consider myself nice to look at and im a size 20 but there are people who pay to come and look and chat with me.Its not just looks is it ,its how you come across how you interact with the men and make them feel .I really didnt want to do cam but money made me and now im really enjoying it,get to chat with some really hot blokes ,have fun and to be honest get treated better then in my last job.Give it a shot x
(23-02-2013, 22:58)Scotty_Hottie Wrote: As for doubting yourself re your appearance, go onto Adultwork right now, go to cams, and look at the profile pics of the women who are on! Are they all stereotypically gorgeous and thin with big tits? Hell no. ;-)
Hi Scotty_Hottie
I have looked, I know we all come in diff shapes and sizes, but really, I feel very lacking in comparisson to the pics I can see lol.
Having done chatlines and more recently the 'dating' websites work, I do know that age/looks don't put the men off and some actually prefer non-model looking types, which is why I considered it in the first place to be honest, I just haven't really seen any profiles I'd consider to be of the same ilk as myself, which made me doubt I suppose.
I'm definately going to join AW, do the phone and directIM, buy a decent cam and find out what to expect/what's expected and give it a go. Haven't anything to lose and from the sound of things, a lot to gain, I was reading a thread by a lady who sounds as though she was in a similar position to me, was doing directIM and then jumped into the camwork one night and that one night did make a difference to her situation.
Gem x
As for what you may be asked to do on cam. You could be asked to do everything under the sun, from merely chatting, to putting both fists up your arse, to pissing on a barbie doll, to creating a bonfire in your kitchen. I shit you not. However, what you get asked to do and what you may offer are different things.
(23-02-2013, 23:18)Scotty_Hottie Wrote: As for what you may be asked to do on cam. You could be asked to do everything under the sun, from merely chatting, to putting both fists up your arse, to pissing on a barbie doll, to creating a bonfire in your kitchen. I shit you not. However, what you get asked to do and what you may offer are different things.

That made me giggle, I remember one guy on the phones said he had loved our convo and asked me to have a barbie doll and a rope with knots in it available for our next session. I was almost disappointed I didnt get that next call, still wondering if he wanted me to bungee barbie in and out of my arse!!
Gem x
Jesus! Well, as you've been doing phones, you've probably heard it all already. Only difference now is that you can't pretend to be doing anything! ;-)

Also, when the majority of us became camgirls, our (body) confidence increased! Never heard anyone say the opposite. You could be a one legged hunchback dwarf with one eye and you'd still find there are guys who fancy you and pay for you. Actually, the above description could do pretty well, novelty and all that!
Still seems weird to me and I find it hard to understand why wealthy intelligent businessmen would want to have a date with a 37 year old pre-op transsexual when there are so many far younger, far prettier t-girls out there... let alone why they would want to repeat the experience over and over again!

But I have to tell you... it is the most affirming thing in the world!

Everyone appeals to someone... and you are probably doing yourself an injustice.

None of us looks like Cameron Diaz, honey!
Transsexual working girl in Surrey
See me on AdultWork

Call 07856 061172
Follow @Trinity_Belle on Twitter
(23-02-2013, 23:16)GemGemz Wrote: I just haven't really seen any profiles I'd consider to be of the same ilk as myself,

Well, if that is true then you will probably be able to corner a very particular market?

It's good to be unique... a definite bonus, what ever the uniqueness may be.

Wink

x
Transsexual working girl in Surrey
See me on AdultWork

Call 07856 061172
Follow @Trinity_Belle on Twitter
I understand what you're all saying, it's possibly nerves that are making me a bit doubtfull, I've plenty of confidence in person, I am who I am, I look how I look and that's me, if you don't like, well that's not my problem. I'm sure once I get going I'll be fine. Going to keep both legs and leave out the hunchback though Scotty lol. As for your popularity Trinity, having read, giggled at and agreed with your posts, I'm not surprised in the slightest.
Thanks for replying, I'm sure I'll be popping on here again, often!
Gem x