Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Direct IM
I must admit I jumped in straight away with camming, and found it soooo easy. I made over £80 with my first ever client, on my first night. Like you say fresh blood and I agree with Katy, I wish I'd set my prices higher when I was new too! You make that early on, and you are hooked!

Having said that, I'd flirted with guys on webcam for free - MSN etc, so was quite confident anyway. What you need to remember is when guys have a hard on, they are seeing you as gorgeous whatever you look like! Camming has made me soooo confident about myself, despite my ridiculous flat chest etc. LOL.
I do occasionally log onto direct IM, and have had the occasional good client who I haven't cammed with but it is a rarity.

I agree you can alter your home town, appearance and possibly look at offering private only. The chances of anyone recognising you are ridiculously small!! And remember to 'out' you, they would have to admit to being on AW in the first place, so they would probably be as embarrassed as you.
Good luck in your decision anyway. I think you've had some great advice from the girls above.

Thanks for all your replies, it's greatly appreciated.

I did have a look at putting cam on my profile yesterday but there was something really putting me off. I thought I could do it through JustCamIt, like with IM but the only options were SKYPE, Yahoo or MSN. Am I misunderstanding something? Also daily pay, does it cost extra to do? I thought I'd have to wait till I've 50 credits to request it and then wait the two weeks

I was looking through my boxes of odds and ends and the only masks I've got are Halloween ones, great for Halloween but not for Xmas lol.�� If I do cam I am more comfortable at the moment with doing all the tease thing but what's best to wear? I don't want to wear my usual at home comfy ware but don't think yet I'm ready to wear my sexy lingerie.

Also I did try verifing my mobile to do phone chat when I originally signed up and I was sent a key but when I input it into AW (or whatever, I forget it seems that long ago) it wouldn't accept it. What's the crack with that?
(18-12-2012, 14:12)1hornylass Wrote: Thanks for all your replies, it's greatly appreciated.

I did have a look at putting cam on my profile yesterday but there was something really putting me off. I thought I could do it through JustCamIt, like with IM but the only options were SKYPE, Yahoo or MSN. Am I misunderstanding something? Also daily pay, does it cost extra to do? I thought I'd have to wait till I've 50 credits to request it and then wait the two weeks

I was looking through my boxes of odds and ends and the only masks I've got are Halloween ones, great for Halloween but not for Xmas lol.�� If I do cam I am more comfortable at the moment with doing all the tease thing but what's best to wear? I don't want to wear my usual at home comfy ware but don't think yet I'm ready to wear my sexy lingerie.

Also I did try verifing my mobile to do phone chat when I originally signed up and I was sent a key but when I input it into AW (or whatever, I forget it seems that long ago) it wouldn't accept it. What's the crack with that?

Yes you can do cam via justcamit, you just need to adjust your settings, so unclick the fourth button where you are offering directim and then your be doing direct cam.

i would try to get in something a little sexy if you can, what have you got?

maybe add layers if your doing tease so more to take off, so a bra under a cami, i get dressed up for cam, but thats not to say we all do, i think some guys like the jeans and tshirt look too, i would just do for now what YOU are comfortable with.

Just wear something your going to feel sexy in

For daily pay it does not matter how little you earn its always in your bank account the next day without any hassle, it does cost another 6% of what you earn, so say for instance you earnt 100 credits, 30 % aw fees 5% justcamit fees and 6% daily pay fees.................you bank £59

I have been with daily pay for over 18 months never had any hassle, they feature you and are always there if you need any help. its worth the 6% money the next day so if you really need something work your arse off and you know the very next day you have banked that money no matter how low or high credits you have earnt

Sounds like you need to have the 18 plus bar taken off your mobile phone ring your provider to get it lifted x
I only do directchat and I use my landline number...they don't get to see it.
Adultwork's Classy_Katy

On twitter @ClassyKatyxxx
Didn't know my phone had an 18 bar on it, never hear of it. Although I have a landline I just use it for internet, I don't have an actual phone lol.

I'm going to give it a good thought. And I may shock everyone, myself included, and suddenly appear over the next week or so for a few days. Stranger things have happened lol.
Well good luck whatever you do. At least if you start with phone you will get chance to hear some of the weird and wonderful topics our lovely custies are so fond of Wink It's very different hearing it/ acting it out on cam phone than just typing in IM lol. AW can be a bitch to navigate and get set up.. it's the price you pay for greatness Big Grin hehe x
Well this afternoon I actually put myself on cam, but I only had 30 minutes spare but I was in the right frame of mind so I thought I might as well. Unfortunately I got nothing. But whilst waiting I had a little bit of a play with my cam and what could and couldn't be seen on the screen and I figured out that I can easily just show my face from my lips down, so I'm quite happy with that. So it was actually a good thing that no one came on as I would have probably panicked as I'd not worked out the cam angle lol.

The one thing that did confuse me was when I changed my settings to do cam and not IM. When I logged off and decided to go back onto IM later on I had to re do my profile settings and put it back to just IM and change the credit prices etc. Is there a way where I can keep both the cam and IM settings on so I don't have to keep changing them and just log on to which ever one I want to. Sorry if this is posted on the AW help section but I can find it for looking.
Unfortunately not. But after a while it becomes second nature. I usually hop off cam and straight onto IM whilst preparing the go to bed etc. Glad you got chance to play around with your cam settings. I find it odd that you got nothing at all. Did you go right through the profile set up wizard to make sure you're offering everything you could be, got your prices set, settings right etc?

A great angle if you want to cam only from the lips down is to have the cam on your bed looking up at you, then you lean over it on your knees. It allows you to do all sorts of sexy poses whilst not even showing your face Big Grin
30 minutes without a show during the day isn't unusual...with no profile picture though, free preview is a must I think.
Adultwork's Classy_Katy

On twitter @ClassyKatyxxx
Thanks for the replies xKatieBabyx and Classy Katy. I gues switching between IM and cam will become second nature. It was just with it being the first time I got a bit mixed up and for 10 minutes or so couldn't work out that I have to change my settings etc to get back to IM.

I wasn't really expecting to get anything in 30 minutes, I just had that time time between getting out of the shower and then making my tea and getting ready to go out. Plus when I think about it 5pm is a bit of a funny time as those working are on their way home, those at home may have kids or other halfs there. Like I say I was in the right frame of mind to do it so I just thought I'd go with it.

One of the things I'd decided to do whilst playing around with the cam is being on my knees and leaning forward, it definately only showed what I wanted it to. And I went through my sleep wear and found a little silky camisole and short set and a silky chemises, so luckily I've got some stuff that will tease without me having to go straight to my 'box of tricks' lol.