Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
just cam issue and how to make it work better
I think the disconnection issue is something that's happening with justcamit at the moment as many of us are getting it.

I just needed to increase the bandwidth for my webcam.
Adultwork's Classy_Katy

On twitter @ClassyKatyxxx
(12-11-2012, 13:04)fetishbootslut Wrote:
(10-11-2012, 17:28)Classy_Katy Wrote: Justcamit is still randomly disconnecting...

I've discovered that my new Logitech c920 needs my bandwith setting above the suggested 250kbps...I have upload to play with so am now using at 1mbps and it's finally a good picture with no fuzziness or lagging.

I always wondered about that setting on the cam so you can move it above the 250kpbs? do you have to have a good connection if you move it higher?.

When you login to server... it should tell you what your upload bandwidth is e.g.

Upload Bandwidth 4753 kbps
Connection Quality Good
Latency 155 ms
Server 207.38.117.54:4000

My understanding is...set Max Bandwidth as close to Upload Bandwidth as you can. When someone(s) views your video stream the server gives them a stream suitable for their download bandwidth.

Here's a cool new Logitech http://www.logitech.com/en-gb/webcam-com...ifi-webcam pity it's mac only, but oh the possibilities Blush
I have always left my 250kbps as the just cam it setting and touch wood it works fine so assume all ok. I saw you could change it alot higher but my screen says Upload Bandwidth 307 kbps
Connection Quality Good
Latency 174 ms

so 250kbps ok with that reading if I did higher it would not perhaps stream that well as I am in an ok internet speed area so to speak.
the help manual suggests 250kbps, I never realised we were suppose to raise it...1mbps is the highest we can go to, mine reads: Upload Bandwidth 3124 kbps
Adultwork's Classy_Katy

(12-11-2012, 19:01)Classy_Katy Wrote: the help manual suggests 250kbps, I never realised we were suppose to raise it...1mbps is the highest we can go to, mine reads: Upload Bandwidth 3124 kbps

It was probably written 5 years ago before broadband got to todays speeds.
(12-11-2012, 19:01)Classy_Katy Wrote: the help manual suggests 250kbps, I never realised we were suppose to raise it...1mbps is the highest we can go to, mine reads: Upload Bandwidth 3124 kbps

Also if you are increasing the max bandwidth you can increase the encoder image size too and still maintain a good picture quality. The webcam you have is able to max out all the settings.
Thanks Sandie...I have increased the image settings too now, thanks to another post a little while ago. I have it so I have just enough space to still see who is in the room and be able to chat.
Adultwork's Classy_Katy

(12-11-2012, 11:03)kitty Wrote:
(12-11-2012, 08:26)blue-satin Wrote: Having a Logitech 900 works well for me, it enables me to move it around , hold it in my hand for pov and so on…quite simply I love it, has I recall it cost around £59 at the time. (Bargain)

Is that the Harmony 900 Logitech or did you mean the Logitech 9000? I just had a quick look on amazon and the 900 is coming up as £211! I currently have the logitech pro 9000, it's really the best cam I've had so far. I was considering upgrading to the c910 but not sure yet until I've done my PC upgrade... no point in having a great cam if my pc is becoming slow and out dated.

Apologies ..I meant the pro Logitech 9000 not 900 , so the same as yours..But I wish to oppose a couple of questions to you if I may..the Q's being..
what do you mean it is running slow ?
What anti virus are you currently running?
And how old is your machine and how much ram does it have.
Am wondering if its simply a case of upgrading your old machine for now as opposed to replacing it, eg putting more ram in, upgrade video card.
If you wish to speak to one of my tech's please do say, it goes without saying it will cost you nothing.
If you don't wish to, that is great, the help and advice is there only if you want it.
Kind regards BS x

Right not a lot of questions then Tongue

To be honest I forget all the details but I've had it for over 4 years now, it's fine for internet and some games but for what I need it to do it's hopeless. It struggles to run skype etc.

I've been looking into a new setup for a while now I've had so many issues with over the past few months, too many to little things to mention but I know the hard drive hasn't long left, the fan recently broke on the graphics card (makes a lot of noise, so bad that I currently can't offer phone chat) and to be honest I just want a fresh start lol.

I could upgrade all the bits and pieces but the plan is to fix it up so it's great as a "beginner" pc and give it to my boyfriends little brother, so at least it's not going to a complete waste.

I'm looking for something more compact that's easy to move between my bedroom and living room so was considering the mac mini's... still undecided, which is why I've been putting this off for so long. Feel free to make suggestions Smile

Well, I bought an i7 gaming laptop last year so that I could play Sims 3...my old PC struggled with anything and would take 10-20 minutes to finish whatever it did on start up before I could use it. I started off using my partner's PC for camming, which was a better spec than mine but it started crashing and didn't like having skype or MSN running at the same time...so then I started using my i7 for camming, which is a much better machine than the 2 desktop PCs! I carry it around without any problems.
Adultwork's Classy_Katy