Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Serious Profile Problem
This post can be deleted thank you
Update: I have hidden my profile at the moment (from offering to seeking services) and I will keep it this way until the problem is solved. This really drives me crazy and it is a source of frustration, I hope you will be able to sort the problem out as soon as possible.
Laetithia
Hi, so many things I could say about this post but as it all boils down to "My profile says I am male can we change that?" I will comment on that only.

Contact AW through the normal manner here http://adultworkforum.com/forum/thread-1917.html

POLITELY ask to change your gender to Female with the TS box ticked (in as few words as possible). Dont go writing a full page like you have above.

Let them reply and take it from there, none of these long rants to them as that solves nothing.

When they reply post it here if you need further help, we have a few TS members that may have been down this road before.

You may not be cut out for self employment if this situation drives you crazy and frustrates you this much, business is a hard world to operate in.
UK Office landline number is 02080508019 12midday - 2pm Monday - Friday

adultworkbanner4
(14-10-2012, 15:35)Admin Wrote: Hi, so many things I could say about this post but as it all boils down to "My profile says I am male can we change that?" I will comment on that only.

Contact AW through the normal manner here http://adultworkforum.com/forum/thread-1917.html

POLITELY ask to change your gender to Female with the TS box ticked (in as few words as possible). Dont go writing a full page like you have above.

Let them reply and take it from there, none of these long rants to them as that solves nothing.

When they reply post it here if you need further help, we have a few TS members that may have been down this road before.

You may not be cut out for self employment if this situation drives you crazy and frustrates you this much, business is a hard world to operate in.

Thank you for your help.
Just to note, as far as Im aware Adultwork is not a UK company, site hosted in Netherlands, bank in Belize, offices in Malta and Hong Kong.

They wouldnt have to abid by UK laws.
UK Office landline number is 02080508019 12midday - 2pm Monday - Friday

adultworkbanner4
I do feel for you... people do seem to get confused by the whole gender issue, and understandably so.

Just to clarify for anyone else reading this thread, the correct and proper gender to use to describe a transsexual person is their target gender, not their birth gender.

A male TS is someone who was identified as female at birth but has since adopted the male role... which is clearly not the case here.

A female TS is someone who was identified as male at birth but has since adopted the female role.

All of my documentation including passport, driving license, bank and credit card details all have my gender marked as Female - as they rightly should.

I can understand why people get confused. Even some transsexual people do! You can see it just by browsing the TS profiles... many of them describe themselves as "male". It is, of course, within their rights to do so and if they are not actually transitioning or have not transitioned then it may well be that their documents are in the "male" form and they may well consider themselves as "male". This is, I think, probably especially true of those individuals who identify as transvestites or cross dressers rather than transsexuals. I know a lot of transsexual people and I think I can safely say that any and all of them would be horrified to have someone change the gender on their records from female to male so i can completely understand this users anguish and frustration. It is a very personal and intimate thing.

At the same time I do echo Admin's advice... the best response is generally gleaned from AW by being polite and direct - although it is also true that you may have to ask them two or three times before you actually get through to someone who understands what you are saying... but if you waffle or get all outraged they are likely to be less helpful than you might hope.

So follow the proper procedure as suggested by Admin and I am sure it will all come good in the end.

ps... contrary to popular belief and in spite of the name of this forum, it is not affiliated with AW so yelling at the Admins here won't actually cut you any sway with the Admins on AW, unfortunately... so please... be nice to our lovely Admin! Smile
Transsexual working girl in Surrey
See me on AdultWork

Call 07856 061172
Follow @Trinity_Belle on Twitter
(14-10-2012, 16:03)Admin Wrote: Just to note, as far as Im aware Adultwork is not a UK company, site hosted in Netherlands, bank in Belize, offices in Malta and Hong Kong.

They wouldnt have to abid by UK laws.

Dear Admin,
I have probably failed to express the core of the problem. UK regulations aside, what I am trying to say is that I have a problem and I allowed myself to explain that now this problem is causing me troubles, as I am frustrated by what happened in the last few days and, eventually, seeing my profile arbitrarily changed in a way that I find unacceptable, both practically and etically. Adultwork is a good project and is very well mantained, and it is an opportunity of revenue for workers and of course, since it is not a charity, it must create profit through the business of the workers themselves. In my thoughts and for my experience a good sinergy between workers and the management of the a site like this is the key for success of both of us. These are the reasons of my complains and I think they are reasonable enough.

Said that, I honestly don't think I have been unpolite towards the site, or its management but if this is the case, I am ready to express my most sincere apologize if in any way my words were rough.

I wish you a lovely evening-
Laetithia
(14-10-2012, 18:06)Trinity-Belle Wrote: I do feel for you... people do seem to get confused by the whole gender issue, and understandably so.

Just to clarify for anyone else reading this thread, the correct and proper gender to use to describe a transsexual person is their target gender, not their birth gender.

A male TS is someone who was identified as female at birth but has since adopted the male role... which is clearly not the case here.

A female TS is someone who was identified as male at birth but has since adopted the female role.

All of my documentation including passport, driving license, bank and credit card details all have my gender marked as Female - as they rightly should.

I can understand why people get confused. Even some transsexual people do! You can see it just by browsing the TS profiles... many of them describe themselves as "male". It is, of course, within their rights to do so and if they are not actually transitioning or have not transitioned then it may well be that their documents are in the "male" form and they may well consider themselves as "male". This is, I think, probably especially true of those individuals who identify as transvestites or cross dressers rather than transsexuals. I know a lot of transsexual people and I think I can safely say that any and all of them would be horrified to have someone change the gender on their records from female to male so i can completely understand this users anguish and frustration. It is a very personal and intimate thing.

At the same time I do echo Admin's advice... the best response is generally gleaned from AW by being polite and direct - although it is also true that you may have to ask them two or three times before you actually get through to someone who understands what you are saying... but if you waffle or get all outraged they are likely to be less helpful than you might hope.

So follow the proper procedure as suggested by Admin and I am sure it will all come good in the end.

ps... contrary to popular belief and in spite of the name of this forum, it is not affiliated with AW so yelling at the Admins here won't actually cut you any sway with the Admins on AW, unfortunately... so please... be nice to our lovely Admin! Smile

I agree completely on what you said and I have asked the admin to apologize me if my words were harsh or rude in any way. I know these guys in here are working hard and at the end of the day we are using a service mantained by them and their hard work.

My best wishes for your business and for a smooth, lovely sunday evening.

Laetithia
(14-10-2012, 14:44)laetithia Wrote: This is ridiculous as in UK and in all the most modern counties, it is normal and polite behaviour to sign off the letters followed by the position of the writing person

You are right and many companies that I deal with do do this

Unfortunately, some companies have various people dealing with support requests and they deal with things in a more impersonal manner, this is not something to get unduly upset about.

As has already been mentioned, try and keep your contact with companies clear and to the point, this enables them to understand the issues you have and deal with them quickly.

Do not ever use sarcasm or snide remarks, this get you put to the bottom of the que and will frustrates you even more

Hope you get things sorted quickly

Sarah x x x

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Profile problem about availability Sherry 1 5,084 09-03-2015, 15:33
Last Post: missdemeanour
  AW profile problem help req. countdooku 3 6,940 05-03-2015, 11:07
Last Post: Oddkid69
Thumbs Down Signup/Profile problem jazmine95 2 6,360 02-12-2014, 18:59
Last Post: admin
  PROFILE VERIFICATION??? PROBLEM!!! TV CRISSIE 5 4,987 18-12-2013, 18:41
  I am having problem accessing my profile peach24/7 14 24,295 28-05-2012, 10:07