Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

be as well burning your money if u take this
http://www.medindia.net/news/Coming-Soon...1349-1.htm
(02-10-2011, 14:45)lolo Wrote: http://www.medindia.net/news/Coming-Soon...1349-1.htm

But would you still be breathalysed and fail?

Sarah
So you won't get drunk, but have no chance of fighting off meningitis! Yay!
Sarah, I would think it would be a given, the alcohol will still be in the bloodstream. It would be up to you to try and persuade the Judge that, despite showing excess alcohol in the bloodstream, you had total control of your faculties still. Good Luck!!!

Much better to appreciate what you can drink and not go over that limit if driving. Or one, better, do as I, and a fair proportion of the population, do. If driving, dont drink! Simples!
why bother wasting your money on alcohol if not to get drunk
http://www.adultwork.com/1015568

BORN TO LOSE, LIVE TO WIN, TOO FAST TO LIVE, TOO YOUNG TO DIE

How absolutley terrible, the WHOLE point of alcohol is to get drunk, as Tink says, Why waste your money otherwise!
And anyway, as as young lad the solubility of girls knickers in alcohol was the only thing that stopped my right hand from falling off altogether!
What next, a pill to stop you getting preggy from sex???
[Image: 907Digger.png]
Just here for the Banter!
I've got go admit that I rarely drink to get drunk and it would be nice to know that you can have one or two without worry of driving under the influence. I think the main concern is that it is open to abuse. I can imagine people dying of alcohol poisoning due to continued drinking at the point where they should be flat on the floor, but the affects of the tablet has made them feel that they can drink on. Isn't the whole point of getting drunk a sign like pain, that you need to stop?

Not sure what menigitus has got to do with any of this, antibiotics is an affective treatment and has been for a long time, it's more a matter of recognising the symptoms in time to administer it.
"the research focused on the way alcohol affects glial cells, which make up 90 per cent of the brain.

They play a crucial role in the immune system, helping to fight infections such as meningitis. In the experiment, shutting off this immune response produced a remarkable effect - it stopped the mice who were given alcohol from getting drunk."

OK, so not just meningitis... they shut off your immune responses to stop you getting drunk - unless I've completely misread it.
(02-10-2011, 18:46)SassyAnn Wrote: "the research focused on the way alcohol affects glial cells, which make up 90 per cent of the brain.

They play a crucial role in the immune system, helping to fight infections such as meningitis. In the experiment, shutting off this immune response produced a remarkable effect - it stopped the mice who were given alcohol from getting drunk."

OK, so not just meningitis... they shut off your immune responses to stop you getting drunk - unless I've completely misread it.

So by trying to solve one problem they may have stumbled across something that can be used/manipulated/engineered and achieve amazing potential for various other illnesses. So what is the problem? I'm sure if your line of thinking has solid foundations they are not likely to be over looked and could be already in the process of being worked on, but not ready yet to be announced. The medical profession don't tend to make announcements until they are confident, as people get excited and it can be upsetting for families that pin their hopes on an antidote that does not come about.
I wish they could come up with something that could regenerate dead brain cells, because the ones that got left from my brain virus are having a tough time trying to keep up with my lifestyle. I think my brain needs a holiday.