Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

momentos?
the most amazing food to!
http://www.adultwork.com/1015568

BORN TO LOSE, LIVE TO WIN, TOO FAST TO LIVE, TOO YOUNG TO DIE

That sounds awesome, must check out one of those festivals soon. I guess the christmas ones are all beer and German sausages, what's not to like Wink
(01-10-2011, 21:06)tinkerbell Wrote: the most amazing food to!

What I want to know is how come no one ever tells us what is going down in Brum when we live just down the road in Worcester. Food, cider!!! Sounds like my idea of bliss. I'd even get on a train for that (and I hate public transport!) I could even throw in an STI check while I'm there.

Can you let me know next time they have one please Tink, cheers x
Maybe we could have a forum scrum there? I'd love to go too!!!
Amazing the things you would put yourself through Kate for a festival he he
well the crimbo one starts on november the 13th i think you should come!!! we can get jolly lol x

they have huge pans of paella and loads of german sausages,...oh and kinder egg pancakes!!!
http://www.adultwork.com/1015568

BORN TO LOSE, LIVE TO WIN, TOO FAST TO LIVE, TOO YOUNG TO DIE

Kinder egg pancakes? I must see that!
(01-10-2011, 21:31)tinkerbell Wrote: well the crimbo one starts on november the 13th i think you should come!!! we can get jolly lol x

they have huge pans of paella and loads of german sausages,...oh and kinder egg pancakes!!!

Yes but what about the cider? It's the cider that is getting me there, I'm pretty easy with food lol.

I would have thought the cider ones would be around about now. Mind you, I dont really know how long it takes to make cider - brain being a little addled I havent got the foggiest! Hic!
Traditional cider making starts with the picking of the apples. These are left to mature for a week and then tipped into a "scratcher" which crushes the apples. In more modern plants the apples are reduced to a pulp in a grater type mill made of stainless steel. The apple pulp is known as the pomace or pommy

Next the pulp must be crushed to extract the juice. This is done in a cider press. Several types of press are used. The traditional type is a rack and cloth press (sometimes known as a pack press). In this type of press a sheet of sisal or hessian is placed across the bottom of a square frame above a trough. A layer of pomace, 4-5 inches deep, is poured onto the hessian. The hessian is folded over the pomace, completely enclosing it. Another sheet of hessian is placed on top of the first and the process repeated until the layers fill the frame. The cider press is then racked down onto the layers and the juice runs into the trough. The pomace is pressed until it is solid and no more juice runs out. The press is then racked up, the layers of pomace are broken up by hand, and the whole lot is re-pressed. In modern plants mechano- hydraulically operated plate presses are used. The pressed pomace is either dried in hot air to 12% moisture and used for manufacture of pectin, or it is directly sold on for cattle feed.

The freshly pressed juice may be fermented straight away. In some commercial operations it is concentrated and stored for later conversion to cider, in which case it is extensively treated to pasturise it and to remove pectin. The fresh juice may be fermented in one of two different ways. Traditionally the juice is run into a wooden pipe (a barrel which can contain 120 gallons) or smaller wooden barrels, and the bung of the barrel is removed. No yeast is added, traditional cider making relies on wild yeasts. The fermentation starts in 1-2 days and continues for several weeks, during which time the barrel is topped up with more cider. When fermentation is over, the bung is replaced and the cider matured for 5-6 months.