Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

A little bit of clarity for the new Adultwork VAT fee
Hi, I am new here, please be kind ?.. been on aw for years though.. I too have thought about joining a group that claim to be vat registered, what I don’t understand is how can they be vat registered and not charge vat somewhere along the line ? When I have looked up online about becoming vat registered, it clearly says you must add vat to your customers.. an I missing something ?
(06-11-2020, 20:38)EmmaEH Wrote:
(06-11-2020, 15:41)LGAW Wrote:
(05-11-2020, 19:59)EmmaEH Wrote: Cant say I've seen a lot of that going by the home page. Are groups saying "vat registered" or are they saying "we get rid of ALL vat"? because one sounds like a fact and the other sounds like you are nit picking semantics.

I think all the girls know by now that some vat is here to stay, no matter the group "vat registered" or not.

Ummm... just because you don't see it now doesn't mean it wasn't there. I saw it? But after Daily Pay posted it in the forum, the groups removed it. It's harmful information and all Daily Pay are trying to do is make sure girls don't get sucked into scam groups because they say 'VAT Free Agency', which has many different implications than simply stating that a group is VAT Registered.

You understand you are just repeating what I said, yeah? Just for the record I agree with admin, I expect those group managers to clarify what they mean in their group descriptions if they dont intend to mislead, as admin said some of them already did.

Nope. Absolutely not repeating what you said, but okay.
(07-11-2020, 02:03)Sammiexx Wrote: Hi, I am new here, please be kind ?.. been  on aw for years though.. I too have thought about joining a group that claim to be vat registered, what I don’t understand is how can they be vat registered and not charge vat somewhere along the line ? When I have looked up online about becoming vat registered, it clearly says you must add vat to your customers.. an I missing something ?

I'm not entirely sure how it works but it's to do with the Reverse Charge. So the Group would record the VAT in their VAT Return rather than AdultWork charging it there and then. In some circumstances being VAT registered balances/cancels out VAT charges, meaning it doesn't have to be paid. That could be what happens with Groups on AW. I could be wrong though, hopefully Admin can shed some light on it x
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to issy for this post:
  • Sammiexx
(07-11-2020, 02:03)Sammiexx Wrote: Hi, I am new here, please be kind ?.. been  on aw for years though.. I too have thought about joining a group that claim to be vat registered, what I don’t understand is how can they be vat registered and not charge vat somewhere along the line ? When I have looked up online about becoming vat registered, it clearly says you must add vat to your customers.. an I missing something ?

Hi, we are always nice here Smile

For VAT, AW charge it to its users, eg performers and groups, but if the user or group is VAT registered we would be claiming it back. So AW would be collecting VAT for the government just for us to claim it back, seems like alot of paperwork for nothing. So instead of that, if both parties are VAT registered then you just record the number but you dont actually charge it. Makes alot less work for all involved.

If you are just looking to have the VAT removed then this will do it for you, without joining a normal group or registering for VAT http://adultworkforum.com/showthread.php?tid=11977

Thanks
UK Office landline number is 02080508019 12midday - 2pm Monday - Friday

adultworkbanner4
Is there a reason why LG never feature their groups any more? Laying low, I suppose? I'm also starting to see groups advertise with the 'earning UP TO X%' (Off The Record) so I guess this is the beginning of some groups trying to fob off some bogus vat charges onto their members.
Hi, for LG, yeh no advertising on AW anymore, the know their market and it isnt existing cammers on AW, they aim for new people who dont know about the webcam industry first, basically far easier to get and far easier to take the mick out of.

For the inevitable "free dailypay" tags coming up and the "more than AW" tags example http://groups.adultwork.com/27271 last time VAT was here, on day 1 "free dailypay" was the buzzword, although back then most of the current dailypay groups didnt exist so this time around the buzzword was "vat free/vat registered" and it went a different direction, once the group managers figure out they can have the more appealing "free dailypay" in their tags they'll all switch to it, nothing better than being able to tell someone to join them at no extra cost.

One of the down sides to our no vat group is we cant advertise it directly on AW as one of the aspects of the group is the name is turned off, so the profiles appear independent still etc we'll increase other forms of exposure for it though and hopefully members will spot it and realise they can still get the 30% admin fee.

adultworkbanner4
So would this work the same for a sole trader? If I became registered, would that mean I wouldn’t have to do all the vat paperwork like a business that is directly charging their customers vat ? Xx
Hi, there would be no difference if you registered as a sole trader. Until you register for VAT nothing changes, even when you register for VAT the only things that change is the VAT on the admin fee and VAT on things you buy, from the clients point of view they are still charged everything as normal.

You can already take off the VAT on the admin fee without registering for anything with the hmrc via http://adultworkforum.com/showthread.php?tid=11977

adultworkbanner4
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to admin for this post:
  • MissSubspace, Strawberryblonde