Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

A little bit of clarity for the new Adultwork VAT fee
Hi all. I hope this helps some people.

As of the 1st of Nov 2020, all prices/services on AW has increased by 19-20% roughly. There are two sides to this VAT additional. Place of supply VAT and Place of consumption VAT.

For clients: You will notice all live services now also have the VAT charged, the rate for live services is based on "Place of supply VAT", which is AW's location of Cyprus, meaning 19% VAT. VAT was already added to movies, images etc since 2015, the difference is live content is now included, including phone chat bookings. See below for which service has which VAT applied to it.

For performers: Your clients may decrease based on the new rates, its inevitable, but there isnt much AW can do as its the law to charge VAT. Previously you may not of noticed VAT was already being added to your images and movies, this time around you will probably of noticed it on your live content though (directcam) as Im sure clients haven mentioned it. As of the 1st Nov the differences you will see is increased prices for display number (was 1 credits, now 1.19 credits), featuring, member of the day etc. 

Place of Consumption VAT
Place of Consumption VAT is applied to e-services:
  • Movie Content
  • Private Gallery Subscriptions
  • Erotica Items
Place of Supply VAT
Place of Supply VAT is applied to all other services, this includes but is not limited to:
  • DirectCam & DirectIM
  • Phone Chat & DirectChat
  • Enhanced Search facilities
    • Telephone Directory
    • Detailed Emails
    • Logged In Search

For performers inside a group, there seems to be a little confusion surrounding this as some groups have "VAT free" in their tags, this is playing with the truth a little fast and loose. ALL VAT charges are still in place with 1 sole exception, VAT on the admin fee. When they say VAT free they really mean there wont be any VAT charge on the admin fee.

For example OFF THE RECORD which have "VAT Free agency", they dont go into more detail on it but again, you are not VAT exempt while inside the group, the only difference is its not charged on the admin fee.

There is no way a group can remove the VAT on anything else.

Also be on the watch for notorious scam groups London Sapphires and London Gems advertising on social media VAT free in their groups. When they charge 50% to be in the group with no benefits, paying VAT is the least of your worries. They also of course cannot remove the VAT on anything just like the other groups, with the sole exception of the admin fee, in which you dont save anything as they keep it.

If looking to remove VAT on your admin fee do not feel any urgency, behind closed doors people who care about the community are planning on removing the increase on the AW admin fee for you, at no % increase to you.

AW has wrote extensive articles in relation to VAT here https://www.adultwork.com/dlgFAQsNew.asp...ionID=1820

At the time of writing I do believe all the above to be true and accurate. If any is not please feel free to let us know.
UK Office landline number is 02080508019 12midday - 2pm Monday - Friday

adultworkbanner4
A quick note, I was asked, "Who takes the hit with this increase?", answer is we all do, groups, performers, clients and Adulwork. The only winner in all of this is the government.

Good to see clients still spending credits on their favourite webcammers though https://www.aw.live/

adultworkbanner4
Additional note. I wanted to express our trust and loyalty to Adultwork as a brand and company. AW is going on 17+ years of existence, during those years there have been many many ups and down, fierce competition from thousands of others long gone now. During this time they have not faltered, they have survived the test of time and continue to be here for all of us, making it possible to earn a living the way we enjoy it.

We trust in Adultwork 100% without compromise to do whats best not only for the company but what is also best for the community. If this is the way it must be then thats it. I am sure its been examined laboriously by them.

If there is one company you can trust to do whats best for you in this industry its Adultwork.

"The strength of a family, like the strength of an army, is in its loyalty to each other." - Mario Puzo

Our loyalty to Adultwork will never waver.

Long live #Adultwork

adultworkbanner4
Good to see some groups removing "not so truthful" wording from their profiles. Its a testament that the industry (at least on AW) is heading the right direction with more trust worthy groups coming to the surface.

adultworkbanner4
Hi all, please forgive the crude attempt at ms paint but I hope it helps a little explaining VAT.

adultworkbanner4
The above image is also to show, no matter what the performer or group does, it will not affect the client being charged VAT, hence the big wall down the middle, they are separate.

I also wish to re-iterate, if joining a group that has "vat registered" etc to get rid of the VAT, be mindful that the group has its own charge, so you may be getting rid of VAT as a charge but taking on another that can be far greater than the VAT in the first place. Be very careful. Take your time to make decisions. A group may say they can get rid of the VAT on everything, this is totally untrue, unfortunately browsing the group section some groups declare this but its false.

adultworkbanner4
Cant say I've seen a lot of that going by the home page. Are groups saying "vat registered" or are they saying "we get rid of ALL vat"? because one sounds like a fact and the other sounds like you are nit picking semantics.

I think all the girls know by now that some vat is here to stay, no matter the group "vat registered" or not.
Hi, before we pointed the wording out, groups like CDP had "VAT Free" in the group tags, which I believe is misleading especially in the days after it was introduced.

When the original post above was put up we listed the groups with the words "VAT Free" in the tags and also didnt explain it further, since then the ones listed except 1 have changed their wording to VAT registered. OTR continues to say vat free agency. Any listed with not so truthful wording have been deleted from the original post, so less of an issue now.

Vat registered I think is better, but I dont think any groups have it explained yet in their description exactly what it means.

On the forums we are on and in our communication boxes, email, twitter, whatsapp, phone lines etc there is still wide spread confusion on VAT. It will settle down though as new members joining wont even know AW without VAT and as more information is spread to existing members.

LS and LG have/had instagram promotional posts up saying they get rid of all VAT on everything. Also Adultwork Boudoir Webcammers sent out alot of emails to members claiming to be able to take off VAT on everything too, all this does is spread false information as it isnt true at all.

adultworkbanner4
(05-11-2020, 19:59)EmmaEH Wrote: Cant say I've seen a lot of that going by the home page. Are groups saying "vat registered" or are they saying "we get rid of ALL vat"? because one sounds like a fact and the other sounds like you are nit picking semantics.

I think all the girls know by now that some vat is here to stay, no matter the group "vat registered" or not.

Ummm... just because you don't see it now doesn't mean it wasn't there. I saw it? But after Daily Pay posted it in the forum, the groups removed it. It's harmful information and all Daily Pay are trying to do is make sure girls don't get sucked into scam groups because they say 'VAT Free Agency', which has many different implications than simply stating that a group is VAT Registered.
(06-11-2020, 15:41)LGAW Wrote:
(05-11-2020, 19:59)EmmaEH Wrote: Cant say I've seen a lot of that going by the home page. Are groups saying "vat registered" or are they saying "we get rid of ALL vat"? because one sounds like a fact and the other sounds like you are nit picking semantics.

Ummm... just because you don't see it now doesn't mean it wasn't there. I saw it? But after Daily Pay posted it in the forum, the groups removed it. It's harmful information and all Daily Pay are trying to do is make sure girls don't get sucked into scam groups because they say 'VAT Free Agency', which has many different implications than simply stating that a group is VAT Registered.

You understand you are just repeating what I said, yeah? Just for the record I agree with admin, I expect those group managers to clarify what they mean in their group descriptions if they dont intend to mislead, as admin said some of them already did.