Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A slightly different Flash problem
Hi,

I can see a few threads about Adobe Flash and its use for Webcam, but these seem mostly about Flash being entirely blocked by the browser. I have a slightly different problem: Flash video initially works but then, after some random amount of time, the picture will disappear, leaving me with a black screen where the video was (with a continued ability to type) or a white screen (in which case the ability to type has also disappeared). In both cases I can still hear the service provider, but if I wanted that, I'd be on phone, not cam!

I don't think the problem is with a particular provider as it has happened with a number of them recently, both free and private.

I have tried switching over to aw.live which doesn't seem to use Flash and doesn't have the problem. However, that seems to have terribly bad lag and so is also unusable Sad.

Thanks for any help
BW
Hi, there could be many sources of error, perhaps try a different browser though?
UK Office landline number is 02080508019 12midday - 2pm Monday - Friday

adultworkbanner4
Which browser are you using?

Athletic, elegant, lingerie, kink and fetish indulger. Webcam, Chat, outcall focused to homes or hotels in the Barrow-in-furness, South Lakes area and beyond

Thanks for your replies folks. I've been using private mode Firefox. It's a bit of a pain in the neck to get Flash installed at all with the other browsers these day, but I will give it a go.
Maybe an esr portable firefox? 56 or below.

adultworkbanner4
I thought flash isn't compatible with Firefox, can you try Chrome? That's what I use when I need flash compatibility.

Athletic, elegant, lingerie, kink and fetish indulger. Webcam, Chat, outcall focused to homes or hotels in the Barrow-in-furness, South Lakes area and beyond

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Strawberryblonde for this post:
  • BWorshipper
Hi, when Im helping members with tech issues or we are doing any competitions via directcam we use Firefox, esr and quantum, all settings default, must be a way of getting it to work.

adultworkbanner4
Thanks again folks. As mentioned, it is not the old problem that Flash won't start at all in the browser (due to being blocked), but mid-conversation the picture will die, regardless of browser. Playing around with it, I think it is probably a bandwidth issue and the Flash implementation is not very robust to cut outs.

Hopefully the long promised replacement to Flash will eventually land; I like that AW has lots of British providers and don't particular want to go elsewhere!
Have you tried the new microsoft edge? that seems to work pretty well for me
Ah, thank you KlassMan and all... I take back my previous response... using new/Chromium-based Edge instead of Firefox really does improve things. And Flash is slightly easier to enable in Edge than Chrome.

Now that's it is working I've lost my excuse to repeatedly "experiment" with the wonder ladies of DirectCam, lol.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to BWorshipper for this post:
  • admin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pay very slightly short today sultryshelley 0 3,072 23-04-2017, 20:30
Last Post: sultryshelley
  Flash fix problem Mistress_Babalon 5 4,916 02-09-2013, 22:34
Last Post: nightape