Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adultwork.com sent emails deleted instantly upon arrival?
I have been trying to contact a WG on adultwork.com and whenever I click on my "sent" emails tab, the emails get deleted in less than a minute and no reply. I've sent the email and then as quickly as I can gone into the sent tab and it's deleted, gotta be within about 15 seconds. Could this be a bug? Or has the WG set a rule to automatically delete my emails, effectively "blocking" me.
Hi, is this only with one person? Is their profile still there?

Cant say I have came across it before and I dont believe there is an option to auto delete someones email especially in the sent folder.
UK Office landline number is 02080508019 12midday - 2pm Monday - Friday

adultworkbanner4
(10-03-2020, 13:59)admin Wrote: Hi, is this only with one person? Is their profile still there?

Cant say I have came across it before and I dont believe there is an option to auto delete someones email especially in the sent folder.

It's with several different ones. In the sent folder it just shows "deleted". I've never seen anything like this before!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi, whats it say when you hover over it with your mouse?

adultworkbanner4
(11-03-2020, 00:19)admin Wrote: Hi, whats it say when you hover over it with your mouse?
"deleted by recipient" but why? And how so quickly right after sending it?
They've more than likely blocked you.

From the Help (for how to block members):-
"People in your block list will still be able to email you but their emails will be automatically deleted and not shown to you." (my emphasis).
Hi, it would appear so yes. I'll do a quick test later and report back to confirm. I would of thought they just went unread if you messaged a person who blocked you, learn new things everyday on AW.

adultworkbanner4
(11-03-2020, 13:42)Likes-Big-Girls Wrote: They've more than likely blocked you.

From the Help (for how to block members):-
"People in your block list will still be able to email you but their emails will be automatically deleted and not shown to you." (my emphasis).
Ah, well found, I hardly ever look at the manual! That would explain it, then! The trouble is, they just don't reply to messages or arrangements when trying to organise a punt, then get stroppy as soon as I message them saying something like "Is there a reason you are ignoring my messages" it's a seller's market with punting, they can behave however they like.
All I can suggest is that if they ignore your initial email then rather than complaining at them just ignore them in return. It will likely be the "Is there a reason..." message which annoys them and causes them to block you. Don't give them a reason...

It is indeed a "seller's market" - that's why it's best to not do anything to annoy them just move on to another one.
Usually, this is an indication that the user you messaged has blocked you. Although it is possible for a message to be read as "deleted" and have that shown in italic. Sometimes as a test, I've sent another message to someone who removed a PM, with something basic like 'hello' because I've been curious about whether I'm being blocked, and I found out I have not been blocked. 

Try not to feel disheartened if you do happen to get blocked. Likely, you said nothing wrong. Not everybody in this world is nice, or even that sane.  Blush