Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

laverbread
just been watching come dine with me, has ended up trying the welsh delicacy laverbread it looks horrible
Seaweed isn't it. Will you stick to deep fried mars bars then Lolo?
I like seaweed. I've never tried laverbread though.

My favourite breads so far are Irish wheaten bread - made with buttermilk - it is crumbly and delicious.
Another is called Hard Dough, and is from the Caribbean. It's not hard at all, it's really soft and almost chewy. Also from the Caribbean are bulla buns - they have ginger in them and are wonderful as cheese on toast. I used to be able to buy all of these in Tescos in Brixton. Unfortunately they don't stock them at Tescos in Newcastle.

Don't tell Kate we're talking about bread - she'll only start drooling again.
(31-07-2011, 21:29)Hicky Wrote: Seaweed isn't it. Will you stick to deep fried mars bars then Lolo?

i have never had a deep fried mars nor do i ever intend to, do like a deep fried pizza though
I did'nt know you lived in Brixton once over Ann. I used to live just down the road in Stockwell.
It is Seaweed, but it does not appear to be like the seaweed you would get from a chinese restaurant
[Image: 1o8w5awg23aeedjpukvy.jpg]

it just looked awful on their plates plus they were eaating it with black pudding
(31-07-2011, 23:30)Hicky Wrote: I did'nt know you lived in Brixton once over Ann. I used to live just down the road in Stockwell.
Kate and I drive past the Oval the other day and skirted Stockwell. Brought back loads of memories.
You would have had Joanna Lumley as a neighbour Hicky!
(31-07-2011, 23:36)lolo Wrote: it just looked awful on their plates plus they were eaating it with black pudding

That seems a strange mixture, but I would have no idea what to put with Laverbread, I suppose I could put it straight in the bin
[Image: 1o8w5awg23aeedjpukvy.jpg]

(31-07-2011, 18:56)lolo Wrote: just been watching come dine with me, has ended up trying the welsh delicacy laverbread it looks horrible

Apparently it is a traditional welsh delicacy that you might have at breakfast. I was offered it last time I was in Wales but politely delcined it. It looked awful and I was told that it can taste as bad as it looks!!