AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

alternative therapies
anyone tried any

tried reiki but wasn't interested in the spiritual side of it
Dynamic meditation is okay...

Hypnotherapy also is quite good...

Its really all about believing in what someone is trying to do, and if you want to be healed.

A bit like standing in front of a full length mirror, and pulling outwards your outer garment (just about the hips) sideways, betweeen your forefinger and thumb, after a few minutes you let go, and you feel your arms slowly rising.
the reiki was after a booking i had no idea to start with what it was
http://www.reikiassociation.org.uk for those who might like to know more about this.
would love to have tried colonic irrigation but since i got most of the colon removed last year think its best not to
Toa.

Not really sure if it qualifies as an alternative therapy itself, but many aspects of the practice does involve numerous alternative therapies.

It's mainly about a lifestyle and how to lead a more healthy balanced life that emphasises on health, sex and longevity.

Worth a read is; The Tao of Health, Sex and Longevity.

(02-05-2011, 11:01)Louise-Lloyd Wrote: Toa.

Not really sure if it qualifies as an alternative therapy itself, but many aspects of the practice does involve numerous alternative therapies.

It's mainly about a lifestyle and how to lead a more healthy balanced life that emphasises on health, sex and longevity.

Worth a read is; The Tao of Health, Sex and Longevity.

i'll check that out i like exploring different things

(30-04-2011, 15:08)kenny m Wrote: Dynamic meditation is okay...

Its really all about believing in what someone is trying to do, and if you want to be healed.

A bit like standing in front of a full length mirror, and pulling outwards your outer garment (just about the hips) sideways, betweeen your forefinger and thumb, after a few minutes you let go, and you feel your arms slowly rising.

When I was a child I had quite a lot of varucas and the doctor tried to hypnotise me into believing they would go and said he would give me 30p for each one that went. I can remember thinking, that's not much! and decided to keep hold of them for a better offer.

Then as an adult I went to a hypnotised to see if she could stop me sucking my thumb. After a short consultation she said she could not help me, as I obviously didn't believe in it enough.

I've also had acupunture on my back after having a bad attack with the siatic nerve, but I really don't think it helped as much as the warming lamp they put over my back did. I have to admit the best thing to ease the pain was weed, but I'm not sure I should admit that? I don't normally take the stuff, but I new someone who did and was desperate to stem the pain so asked them for some. They made me 3 roll ups and I used 2 and gave one back. It really really helped, as is a muscle relaxant.

I have also tried rescue remedy to calm my nerves for interviews and driving tests and I think that might work? Not sure lol.
(02-05-2011, 17:39)CurvaceousKate Wrote:
(30-04-2011, 15:08)kenny m Wrote: Dynamic meditation is okay...

When I was a child I had quite a lot of varucas and the doctor tried to hypnotise me into believing they would go and said he would give me 30p for each one that went. I can remember thinking, that's not much! and decided to keep hold of them for a better offer.

Then as an adult I went to a hypnotised to see if she could stop me sucking my thumb. After a short consultation she said she could not help me, as I obviously didn't believe in it enough.

I've also had acupunture on my back after having a bad attack with the siatic nerve, but I really don't think it helped as much as the warming lamp they put over my back did. I have to admit the best thing to ease the pain was weed, but I'm not sure I should admit that? I don't normally take the stuff, but I new someone who did and was desperate to stem the pain so asked them for some. They made me 3 roll ups and I used 2 and gave one back. It really really helped, as is a muscle relaxant.

I have also tried rescue remedy to calm my nerves for interviews and driving tests and I think that might work? Not sure lol.

not sure if i like the thought of anyone hypnotising me getting into my mind

That may have been the problem, no one could get inside my mind. I think too much and never stop thinking.