Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

barking dogs
keep reporting them to the council, the sspca can't do anything to the dog. they are a charity who have no legal powers. so are the rspca.
(30-07-2011, 18:01)robert841 Wrote: i'd be very surprised if its a pitbull x. they are banned up here the council are the one's to phone lolo. they will monitor the noise and should sort it if its bad,

regarding the collars the spray ones are good but the best thinmg is a jug of water everytime they bark flung at it. it wont be long in learning. the shock collars are banned in wales but are ok up here, there a great thing if used correctly but i wouldnt reccomend any tom dick or harry using them.

Hope the dog learns before you run out of jugs!!! Seriously though, stopping some dogs from barking isnt easy. My dog Rosie barks too much. I have tried the shock collars in the past; all we got was a yelp when the collar gave the shock and she would carry on. I had to stop in the end as I couldnt put up with her yelps - they are cruel and not effective. Cold water doesnt work either, all she does is think its a game and retreats just out of reach and carries on barking. With her, we now just ignore her and she barks less. It is the lesser of the evils.
just had enviromental health officers out, they have fitted a bark free device outside to the houses on the road that is the one recommended by vets, the dog is a cross staffie with some name i cant even begin to pronounce which makes it look that horrible way

of course the dog had stopped before they had arrived typical he springs back from work
hope you get it sorted lolo.

monty the shock collars are a great thing but like i said they have to be used in the correct manner.
the bark free devices are excellent as the dog hasnt barked since so its heaven
Fingers crossed x
(31-07-2011, 10:07)robert841 Wrote: hope you get it sorted lolo.

monty the shock collars are a great thing but like i said they have to be used in the correct manner.

Well I think I used the shock collar in the correct manner but it certainly didnt work and relations with my dog are better since. She doesnt bark so much as we ignore her and we dont get any yelping in pain from her in addition to the barking.

The underlying issue is that she was abused before she came to live with me so it was perhaps a waste of time in any case.
Hope it works for you and your neighbours Lolo
[Image: 1o8w5awg23aeedjpukvy.jpg]

seems to be so far freddo its bliss
Silence is golden ehh Lolo - barking can really get under your skin sometimes.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  the dogs Emily of Halifax 8 11,278 16-06-2011, 22:34
Last Post: vivienne