Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

'Prostitute' or 'Prossie' - What are your feelings about these words...
(25-01-2012, 11:15)simo22 Wrote: I have never used the words prossie or prostitute because i dont like them. i think it actually says more about the speaker than the listener. It is my opinion that the 2 words along with whore are old fashioned, class driven, derogatory and abusive. I dont like sex worker either as this is too pc, too vague and yet another americanism sneaking into our fine language. I am ok with hooker despite what i have just written. This is because it is already firmly planted in the language; i can remember hearing the term in my teens and that was 30+ years ago. In short, there is no real acceptable fluffy word to cover the job description. It is just a job description and not a lifestyle choice after all. Why must we call them anything? they know what they do, their people know what they do becuase they presumably have told them and their clients, punters, johns, customers, tricks, turns, sex worker interfacers know what they do. When i do visit a WG i make a point of telling her within the first 2 mins just how grateful i am for people like her. I explain that i am in a loving brilliant relationship that is vanilla and i need my antedote every so often of kinky wild sex. Without WGs acting my role play i would be a divorcee and for this I thank you one and all whatever you are called.

Very well said Simo. I think it's whatever you're comfortable with and I agree I don't like the term 'sex worker' either, mainly because there's a lot more to my job than sex. Alongside the obvious, for me it's also about companionship, caring, listening to client's troubles and worries, having fun and being a friend. Indoor Sex Worker & Outdoor Sex Worker sounds a little cold and mechanical, but I guess it's whatever floats your boat!

Messages In This Thread
RE: 'Prostitute' or 'Prossie' - What are your feelings about these words... - by EliteAnnalise - 25-01-2012, 21:38

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  'If you don't take a job as a prostitute, we can stop your benefits' kitana Syn 1 8,301 03-01-2012, 20:50
Last Post: kitana Syn