Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

room 101
I'm not sure Ann. I can only summise that he must get it from his Dad, since I've worked all my life and been happy to. He doesn't seem to think that anything has much value at the moment.
Thats not too unusual for someone of his age Kate (particularly a boy) - he will realise the value of money more when he has to work for it. So let him get on with applying.

The other thing is if he is not mature enough to sort this stuff out for himself I don't think he is mature enough to drive either - so let him make do with public transport and walking. When he is feed up with that he will concentrate on passing a theory test.
It's good advice Hicky, but it doesn't stop me feeling guilty about the £700 my Mum invested into him having lessons and theory tests etc. out of all of it there is about £120 left. I feel like giving it her back and cutting her losses, but it really will be a waste if he doesn't at least attempt to take the test. I just wish he could make me feel proud for a change.
(06-08-2011, 20:48)Hicky Wrote: ...The other thing is if he is not mature enough to sort this stuff out for himself I don't think he is mature enough to drive either...
I think you're right Hicky.

It's the way he's treating Kate cheeses me off. Sweet as pie one moment and a monster the next. Mind you most of my other friends kids are too young to annoy me in quite the same way yet.
Even my Mum is feeling sorry for me at the moment lol. Not that she would let him stay with her mind.
Ahem Kate - don't think the little gits don't piss fathers off too!
So hard Kate, my boy is only 6 and drives me insane already! Wish I could offer something constructive may be it's time to say fine you are now the adult you sort your life, if you want to take your test you organise it and getting there on time, telling him he needs to start paying you rent by .. You set a date. It was harsh him having a go at you when he should have remembered all his paper work and especially if he knew he could take it if it was just a case of you popping to get it, I would be very reluctant to help next time, unless he apologises, you are working your arse off to keep him and he is throwing it all away.
Come check out my profile
Or if you fancy a threesome click here

See my updates on Twitter @jayzee77cam
(06-08-2011, 22:21)Hicky Wrote: Ahem Kate - don't think the little gits don't piss fathers off too!

I wouldn't know my Dad was never there for me and my son hasn't seen his Dad since Easter of last year. Not sure how many Dads actually stick around to feel it. God bless the ones that do share the anxst.
Kate you have my sympathy - my daughter is treating me like shite as well. She has now moved into the YMCA, left her stuff behind and I cant get hold of her. Thinking seriously of getting all her stuff in the car, taking it down the YMCA and dumping it outside!

You know how she has messed me about over the last few months so believe me, I understand where you are coming from. I was told I had to be patient but my daughter still takes advantage. She has no idea of what things cost either, no value to anything and she started to learn to drive; I paid a whole load of money over for a series of lessons. She did a few and then didnt carry it on. The Instructor has since left the job and she cant get the money back (and apparently its my fault!!??) Personally, I dont blame the Instructor, she messed him about and she got what she deserved.

Ooops, best get off my soap box!
Kids! hey Monty x